To: All UNAA Members
From: Herbert Twase, UNAA-EC Secretary
Date: March 20, 2019
Re: 2019 UNAA General Elections: Call for candidate nominations. Open from March 20, 2019, to April 30, 2019.
Dear UNAA Members: Greetings and best wishes from the UNAA Electoral Commission (UNAA-EC)!
We have sent to all UNAA members the 2019 UNAA Election Process and Guidelines policy that we will be using to conduct the UNAA elections this year. We hope that you have had the opportunity to read the guidelines and procedures that have been issued.
Pursuant to the guidelines, on behalf of the EC, I would like to announce a call for candidate nominations. The nominations are open from March 20, 2019 to April 30, 2019.
Please feel free to run for any office you may be interested in, and in addition to nominate potential candidates to also contest for the same. All open positions are listed in the attached electoral guidelines and procedures policy document. Please take note that candidates seeking to be elected for any position in UNAA must be members in good standing (i.e., should have paid and/or renewed membership at the time of nomination). The same applies to members who may wish to second potential candidates for the listed positions.
In addition, please be reminded that in order to be eligible to vote, you must be a UNAA member in good standing by August 1, 2019. Below is a snapshot of the main election deadlines.
- March 20, 2019 Nominations open
- April 30, 2019 Nominations close.
- June 1, 2019 List of eligible candidates published on UNAA website
- August 1, 2019 Last day to pay UNAA membership dues in order to be certified to vote
- September 1, 2019. Electronic on-site voting starts at 9:00 AM local time and ends at 4:00 PM local time.
- September 1, 2019 EC declares election results at the UNAA Convention in Chicago at the time scheduled on the UNAA Convention agenda.
Please be reminded that the EC remains committed to conduct the 2019 elections in a manner that is transparent, free, and fair for all UNAA members. We call upon all UNAA members to work together with us to achieve this goal.
I hope that you will nominate yourself and/or others to run for the open UNAA positions and that you will vote for candidates of your choice this September.